I have been given a Liebster Blog award by Andina over at Inspired Ground (thank you Andina!). Here are the rules:
2. Answer 11 questions the blogger who awarded you asked
3. Pass the award to 11 people
4. Give them 11 questions.
5. Tell them about the award
6. Don’t award people who are recipients already
Actually this is the second time so I’ll keep this short and sweet and just answer the questions.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I have met Doctor Who.
2. I have Japanese relatives, I own Japanese things, I obsess over Japanese films but I have yet to go to the country. Also I speak Japanese – it has improved, so much so I spent time talking to Japanese tourists during the Olympics!
3. I have a sister who is much younger than me and more beautiful, cooler and smarter than me. She has developed a cool taste in films.
4. I watch at least three films a week – two Japanese and one from somewhere else.
5. My mother and father helped me get into foreign films. I spent most of my childhood watching subtitled films from France and China.
6. I have ruined a friendship by not waiting at a train station for a person stuck on a train because I was afraid I was going to miss a film at a cinema. The film was Infernal Affairs and it was awesome so you can hardly blame me for leaving the person behind. That person also had poor taste in films. While I was taking them to see stuff like Oldboy, they made me suffer through Bridget Jones.
7. I tend to go to the movies alone (because my taste is idiosyncratic) but this year I have been going with others. And frowning at them when they make noise eating after the film has started. Seriously, pay attention!
8. I like rainy weather.
9. I sometimes like to watch trashy anime like Haiyore! Nyaruko-san and Haganai.
10. I am trying to write a novel.
11. This is My Year of Getting Things Done.